Why visit London?
London is a big and popular city with famous museums, buildings and art galleries. London is also one the most popular international cities in the world with different businesses and cultures.
Top things to see and do in London
- Shakespeare’s globe: A big part of England’s history, The theatre is open roofed so it is better to visit this place in the summer. Entrance fee is about £14.
2. Trafalgar Square: This is the centre of London and the famous Nelson’s Column is also located there.
3. The London Dungeon: This place covers the gruesome history of London. Ticket prices are around £25 at the door and online around £19.
4.St Paul’s Cathedral: Inside this astonishing monument it has beautiful mosaics and stone carvings. You can also climb to the Golden Gallery for remarkable views of London. Visiting this is way cheaper than entering the London Eye with the similar view of London.
5. Visit the Buckingham Palace: You can only visit the inside of Buckingham Palace during the summer.
6.Visit a variety of museums: London museums are all free. From the Natural history museum to the National Gallery.
7. Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament: They have tours but you have to get here early because the lines can get very long.
- Adults: £25.50
- (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £21
- Children (5-15 years): £11
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
Shopping in London
The city most famous shopping street is Oxford Street. Oxford street offers its exciting mix of high street fashion and International brands, technology, home and furniture.
Getting around in London
Before you visit London get an Oyster card, this will help you save money on transport. How to use it first you load the card up with money and then you swipe.
Difficulty in Finding Wifi in London
Finding wifi access is a pain but it is improving. Chains like Starbucks, Pret a Manger and McDonalds offers free wifi to their customers, and there are a many more other places that offers wifi. You can check this website to check which places in London that offers free wifi http://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/where-to-find-free-wi-fi-in-london-9
Plan your London trip
Accommodation and Flights bookings at http://guardianwingstravel.com/
I hope you like this blog post, the following posts I will be talking more in detail about London, UK.
Make sure to follow us on our social media to keep up to date of my blog.